We are upfront about the charges we apply so you know exactly what you are paying for. The charges you pay as a landlord will be dependent on the type of property you are letting and services required. Please see below a breakdown of our 3 Levels of Service so you have an idea of what to expect.
Please contact us to discuss any bespoke requirements and to receive further details on our services and fees.
We are also able to offer a Rent Guarantee Scheme.
Let Only Service - 8%
- Personal Property Manager
- Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance with the landlord's guidelines
- Prepare Property Details, market and advertise on the relevant portals
- Erect board outside the property in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (with landlord's approval)
- Recommend on refurbishment / improvements required to maximise rental income
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions
- Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate)
- Negotiate offers
- On acceptance of an offer, carry out the necessary checks, obtain and evaluate references.
- Prepare a tenancy agreement to suit your requirements to ensure that any special requirements are covered.
- Arrange for a professional inventory to be carried out at Landlords expense (if required)
- Arrange Gas Safety Certificate and EPC at Landlords expense (if required)
- Collect and remit initial month rent
- Provide tenant with method of monthly payment
- Deduct any pre tenancy invoices
- Protect the security deposit and issue Prescribed Terms for tenant signature
- Return deposit to the relevant parties (as agreed by the Landlord and Tenant)
- Unprotect security deposit
- Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if applicable)
Rent Collection Service - 10%
Our Rent Collection Service includes the Let Only Service detailed above, with the additional security of Chapels collecting the rent on your behalf and transferring to your account.
Full Management Service - 12%
In addition to the Rent Collection Service:
- Liaise with utility suppliers
- Hold keys throughout the tenancy
- Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors (arranging comparable quotes where appropriate)
- Deduct contractors payments and other approved charges from the rental account on a monthly basis
- Issue monthly property statement / invoice
- Arrange renewal of Gas Safety, Electrical Installation Condition Report and Portable Appliance Testing
- Arrange Smoke Alarms & CO monitors (if applicable)
- To handle any problems or matters relating to the management and maintenance of the property with the tenants and other third parties.
- Visit the property at least twice per annum and notify Landlord of outcome
- Provide a Property Management emergency out of hours service
- Agree the checkout date and time with tenant. (Tenant is responsible for check out costs)
- At the end of the term obtain a forwarding address for the tenant
- Negotiate with landlord and tenant any disbursement of the security deposit
- Remit any disputed amount to the Deposit Protection Scheme for final adjudication
- Arrange for the cleaning and any decorating of your property between tenancies
Rent Guarantee and Legal Insurance (Nil Excess)
Should you wish to take Rent Guarantee and Legal Insurance, we have agreed preferential rates with our providers for Managed and Rent Collection tenancies:
6 Month Policy - £69.99 including IPT @ 5%
12 Month Policy - £98.75 including IPT @ 5%
Please note: Landlord direct policies for Tenant Find or Introduction Only tenancies are not subject to the discount and charged as follows:
6 Month Policy - £110.00 including IPT @ 5%
12 Month Policy - £145.00 including IPT @ 5%
Details of the policy:
- Available for 6 or 12 months'
- Property based cover so it is transferable between tenancies and covers periodic tenancies
- Nil excess rent guarantee up to £20,0000 or 12 month rent (no upper limit on monthly amount covered)
- 50% of rent paid for 2 months after vacant possession is gained
- Nil excess legal expenses up to £50,000 including:
- Eviction costs
- Rent recovery
- Property damage in excess of the deposit taken (covering legal costs for any damage over deposit amount)
Inventory and Check Out Fees - Vary depending on property size.
We strongly recommend the Landlord completes an Independent Professional Inventory at his own expense.
The inventory will provide an assessment of the property's condition and also detail any furniture or other items provided with the property. A copy will be issued to the tenant to review and sign off. Any amendments requests to the inventory must be sent in writing and approved by the Landlord.
The tenant is responsible for the check out fee at the end of term. This covers the cost of the Independent Inventory company returning to the property and preparing the relevant check out report.
Inventory Fees vary depending on the property type and if furnished, please contact us to confirm current rates.